2.1.Course objectives Through the theoretical and practical classes of Anthropological analysis in basketball course students will be introduced with the morphological, motor, functional, psychosocial and health aspects of female and male basketball players of different age categories and different competing levels.
2.2.Course enrolment requirements and entry competences required for the course No enrolment requirements.
2.3.Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
Completing the class of Anthropological analysis course, students will acquire knowledge that will enable them to successfully present, identify, differentiate and analyze anthropological characteristics of basketball players competing in different age categories and at different competition levels.
2.4.Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course (4 to 10 learning outcomes)
Student will be able to:
- analyze, diagnose and evaluate morphological characteristics of different age basketball players
- analyze, diagnose and evaluate functional abilities of different age and competition level basketball players
- analyze, diagnose and evaluate motor abilities of different age and competition level basketball players
- analyze, diagnose and evaluate motor skills of different age and competition level basketball players
- recognize and evaluate psychosociological aspects in basketball
- recognize health aspects and participation criteria in basketball
2.5Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
Lectures and seminars
1.Anthropological approach to basketball game (2L)
2.Morphological characteristics of different age categories male and female basketball players (1L+1S)
3.Functional characteristics of different age categories male and female basketball players (1L+1S)
4.Motor abilities of different age categories male and female basketball players (strength, speed, coordination, precision, agility, balance, flexibility) (1L+3S)
5.Cognitive abilities of different age categories male and female basketball players (1L+1S)
6.Personality traits of different age categories male and female basketball players (1L+1S)
7.Microsocial team structure (1L+1S)
8.Morphological and motor-functional specificities of different playing position players (1L+1S)
9.Coach: knowledge, skills and traits, the role in the training process and on the competition (1L+1S)
10.Medical doctor, psychologist, sociologist and physiotherapist - the role and the work contents (1L+1S)
11.Typical basketball injuries, prevention, medical treatment and rehabilitation (1L+1S)
12.The life regime: the proportion of training and recovery, diet, specificities of life regimes on the tournaments, satisfaction of other biological needs (1L+1S)
13.Doping and doping control (1L+1S)
14.The forms of supporters behaviours and the relationships between players, coach and managements and the supporters groups (1L+1S)
- Matković i sur. (2010). Antropološka analiza košarkaške igre. Sveučilišni udžbenik. Zagreb: Kineziološki fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu.
- Matković, B. i sur. (2005) Košarka - antropološka analiza. Zagreb: KF, HKS, Zagreb.
- Knjaz, D., Krtalić, S., Matković, B. R. (2010). Ocjena interpersonalnog odnosa igrač - tener u košarci. Hrvatski športsko-medicinski vjesnik, 25: 102-110.
- Wissel, H. (1994). Basketball: Steps to Success. Champaign: Human Kinetics.
- Blašković, M., Matković, B., Matković, B. R. (1989). The influence of morphological characteristics on performance in basketball. Biology of Sport, 6(1): 27- 34.
- Blašković, M., Matković, B., Knjaz, D., Sobočan, M. (2001). Košarka. u: Milanović, D. (ur.), Zbornik radova Stručnog skupa Stanje i perspektive zagrebačkog sporta 10. zagrebački sajam sporta i nautike, Zagreb, 23. i 24. veljače 2001. Zagreb: Fakultet za fizičku kulturu Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, Zagrebački športski savez, 303-312.
- Knjaz, D., Matković, B., Rupčić, T. (2008). Osvrt na razvoj jakosti košarkaša kroz senzitivna razdoblja. u: Jukić, I., Milanović, D., Gregov, C. (ur.). 6. godišnja međunarodna konferencija Kondicijska priprema sportaša 2008. Trening snage: zbornik radova. Zagreb: Kineziološki fakultet, Udruga kondicijskih trenera Hrvatske, 315-318 .
- Rupčić, T., Knjaz, D., Matković, B. (2010). Utjecaj specifičnog košarkaškog programa na razvoj bazične brzine pokreta ekstremiteta. u: Jukić, I., Gregov, C., Šalaj, S., Milanović, L., Trošt-Bobić, T. (ur). Zbornik radova 8. godišnje međunarodne konferencije Kondicijska priprema sportaša 2010 - Trening brzine, agilnosti i eksplozivnosti Zagreb: Kineziološki fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu. 416-419.