The primary goal of the Kinesiological analysis in basketball elective module course is the theoretical and practical improvement and extension of already acquired knowledge from the field of technical and tactical analysis of basketball. During the course students will be introduced with the structural analysis of basketball, the structure of the team, necessary technical and tactical abilities and knowledge of certain position players, the influence of the game rules on the technique and tactics, and the coaching of the team in the game.
2.2.Course enrolment requirements and entry competences required for the course
Completed Basketball course.
2.3.Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
On the course Kinesiological analysis of basketball student will attain knowledge that will enable them to successfully demonstrate, identify, differentiate and analyse elements of basketball techniques and tactics, and its application in practical work. Students will also be qualified for autonomous coaching of a basketball team on different school competitions, but also on the club level competitions.
2.4.Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course (4 to 10 learning outcomes)
Students will be able to:
- identify and analyse technical elements of baskeball
- identify and analyse tactical elements of basketball
- form a basketball team in accordance to technical-tactical criteria of a particular playing position
- conduct training process and to coach a basketball team at any competition level
2.5.Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
Theoretical lectures, theoretical practical lectures and exercises
1.The approach to kinesiological analysis of basketball, review of the technique and tactics development with tendencies of the game development (2L)
2.The structure of the team, technical and tactical skills and knowledge of players playing on particular playing position in the team, coaching team in the game (2L)
3.Kinesiological analysis and motor skills improvement of basic and offensive stance with the ball and the pivot techniques (1TPL+1E)
4.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of ball dribbling on the spot and in the linear movement (1TPL+1E)
5.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of short-distance throw in and dribbling start (1TPL+2E)
6.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of passing and receiving the ball on the spot and in linear movement (1TPL+2E)
7.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of defensive stances and movement in the stances (1TPL+1E)
8.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of changing the moving direction and moving tempo with the ball and witout the ball (1TPL+1E)
9.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of stopping after receiving the ball and after dribbling (1TPL+1E)
10.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of jump shot and one hand chest shot from the spot (1TPL+2E)
11.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of screening technique and offensive and defensive rebound (1TPL+1E)
12.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of counterattack and counterattack defence (2TPL+2E)
13.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of individual tactics of players in the defence and offence (1TPL+1E)
14.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of the group tactics of players in the offence and defence (blocks and block defences) (2TPL+2E)
15.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of the team tactics of players in the defence:
- man to man and man to man pressing (2TPL+2E)
- zone defence and zone pressing (2TPL+2E)
- combined defence (2TPL+1E)
16.Kinesiological analysis and motor skill improvement of team tactics of players in the offence:
- offence on man to man and pressing defence (2TPL+2E)
- offence on zone defence and zone pressing (2TPL+2E)
- offence on combined defence (2TPL+2E)
17.Coaching team in the game (2E)
- 1.Tocigl, I. (1998). Košarkaški udžbenik. Split: Fakultet prirodoslovno-matematičkih znanosti i odgojnih područja Sveučilišta u Splitu, Zavod za fizičku kulturu.
- 2.Matković, B., Knjaz, D., Ćosić B. (2003). Smjernice fizičke pripreme u košarci. u: Milanović, D., Jukić, I. (ur.) Zbornik radova Međunarodnog znanstveno-stručnog skupa Kondicijska priprema sportaša 12. zagrebački sajam sporta i nautike, Zagreb, 21. i 22. veljače 2003. Zagreb: Kineziološki fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, Zagrebački športski savez, 390-394.
- 1.Wissel, H. (1994). Basketball: Steps to Success. Champaign: Human Kinetics.
- 2.Dežman, B. (1997). Košarka v osnovnoj šoli. Ljubljana: VŠTK.
- 3.Matković, B. (2006). Skok za odbijenom loptom od koša - dio taktike igre u obrani i napadu. Time out, VII(13): 2-3.
- 4.Knjaz, D., Matković, B., Matković, B. R. (2002). Individualni rad u mini košarci. u: Milanović, D, Heimer, S., Jukić, I., Kulier, I., Matković, B. (ur.), Zbornik radova Znanstveno-stručnog skupa Dopunski sadržaji sportske pripreme, u sklopu 11. zagrebačkog sajma sporta i nautike, Zagreb, 22. i 23. veljače 2002. Zagreb: Kineziološki fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, Zagrebački športski savez, 54-56.
- 5.Krause, J., Meyer,D., Meyer, J. (1999.). Basketball skills and drills. USA: Human Kinetics.