The goal of Kinesiological analysis of wrestling course is to educate high-quality professional staff with special knowledge related to structural and biomechanical characteristics of all phases and subphases of sports activity, that altogether create structures of movements and structures of situations in wrestling (classic, free and grappling style).
2.2.Course enrolment requirements and entry competences required for the course
Completed wrestling class.
2.3.Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
By completing the course Kinesiological analysis of wrestling students will acquire proficiency in special knowledge and skills important for defining structures of movement and structures of situation in:
- physical education of wrestling - mandatory and extracurricular contents
- competitive wrestling
- working with specific populations (athletes from different sports in which wrestling techniques can be applied, military and police).
2.4.Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course (4 to 10 learning outcomes)
The students acquire knowledge about:
- the constitution of wrestling in Croatia and the world
- basic characteristics and classification of structures of movement and structures of situations
- biomechanical characteristics of structures of movement in wrestling
- anatomical analysis of wrestling
- analysis of standard parameters of performance in wrestling
- kinesiological analysis of wrestling tactics
- kinesiological analysis of advanced groups of techniques from classical, free and grappling wrestling styles
- kinesiological analysis of advanced specific wrestling exercises in pairs (pulling, pressing and various types of carrying partners), falls and wrestling bridge exercises.
2.5.Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
1.The constitution of wrestling in Croatia and the world (2L)
2.The analysis of wrestling: basic characteristics and classification of structure of movements and structure of situations. Structural analysis of wrestling: identification of typical structures, phases, moving subphases and structural units, analysis of offensive and defensive phase. Biomechanical characteristics of moving structures (kinematic, dynamic and electromyographic). Modelling based on biomechanical parameters. The influence of biomechanical characteristics on performance and results in wrestling. (2L)
3.Anatomical analysis of wrestling. Engagement of muscles, muscle groups and joints during movements. Types of muscular exertion. Functional analysis of wrestling - domination of particular energy supply processes. Diet and body weight regulation of wrestlers and influence of diet and body weight regulation on muscle exertion and energy supply processes. (2L)
4.The analysis of standard parameters of performance in wrestling. Analysis of trends of competition results. Registration and evaluation of technique performance. Parameters of technical performance. The influence of techniques efficiency on competitions, their frequencies, and evaluation in relation to the final score on the competition. (2L)
Theoretical-practical lectures and exercises
1.Kinesiological analysis of wrestling tactics. Definition of wrestling strategy and tactic. Tactical formation of a bout: offensive, defensive and counterattacking tactics. Tactics of wrestling with different opponents. Making a strategic wrestling plan. Analysis of wrestling tactics on the big international and national competitions (individual and team). Registration and evaluation of tactical efficiency. The influence of rules on selection of technical-tactical activities. (2TPL+2E)
2.Kinesiological analysis of tactical preparation of combat in stand-up position (2TPL+4E)
3.Kinesiological analysis of tactical preparation of combat in the floor position (2TPL+4E)
4.Kinesiological analysis of advanced group of techniques from classic wrestling style in stand-up position - from highly slid one or both hands (2TPL+2E)
5.Kinesiological analysis of advanced group of techniques from classic wrestling style in stand up position - from outer grip (2TPL+2E)
6.Kinesiological analysis of advanced group of techniques from classic wrestling style in the floor position - lifting and turning (2TPL+4E)
7.Kinesiological analysis of advanced group of techniques from classic wrestling style in the floor position - defences from lifting and turning (2TPL+4E)
8.Kinesiological analysis of advanced group of techniques from free wrestling style in stand-up position (2TPL+2E)
9.Kinesiological analysis of advanced group of techniques from free wrestling style in floor position (2TPL+2E)
10.Kinesiological analysis of advanced group of techniques from grappling wrestling style in floor position (2TPL+2E)
11.Kinesiological analysis of advanced specific wrestling exercises in pairs (pulling, pressing and various types of carrying partners), falls and wrestling bridge exercises (2TPL+2E)
- Marić, J., Baić, M., Cvetković, Č. (2007). Primjena hrvanja u ostalim sportovima.
- Marić, J. (1990). Rvanje slobodnim načinom. Zagreb: Sportska tribina.
- Marić, J. (1985). Rvanje klasičnim načinom. Zagreb: Sportska tribina.
- Cvetković, Č., Marić, J., Marelić, N. (2005). Tehnical efficiency of wrestlers in relation to some anthropometric and motor variables. Kinesiology, 37 (1), 74 - 83.
- Kraemer, W. J., Fry, A. C., Rubin, M. R., Mcbride, T. T., Gordon, S. E., Koziris, L. P., Lynch, J. M., Volek, J. S., Meuffels, D. E., Newton, R. U., Fleck, S. J. (2001). Physiological and Performance Responses to Tournament Wrestling. Med. Sci. Sports. Exerc., 33 (8): 1367-1378.
- Marić, J., Kuleš, B., Jerković, S., Blašković, M., Cvetković, Č. (1996). Dijagnosticiranje i prognoziranje sportskih rezultata u hrvanju grčko-rimskim načinom. Zbornik radova III. Konferencije o sportu Alpe-Jadran, Rovinj.
- Shahmuradov, Jn. A. (1996). Free style wrestling. Rome: FILA.
- Petrov, R., Dobrev, D., Berberov, N., Makaveev, O. (1977). Svobodna i klasičeska borba. Sofija: Medicina i fizkultura. (prijevod na hrvatski s bugarskog).