The course objective is acquisition of basic and more complex movement structures of classic and other types of aerobics, and their practical application in education, recreation and sport.
2.2.Course enrolment requirements and entry competences required for the course
Completed: Basic Kinesiological Transformations, Aerobics, Functional Anatomy, Biomechanics, Physiology of Sport and Exercise.
2.3.Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
Ability of independent planning, programming, and conducting classes of different types of aerobics for populations of different ages and level of physical fitness.
2.4.Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course (4 to 10 learning outcomes)
After completing the course and passing the exam, students will be able to:
- demonstrate correct technique of classic and step aerobics;
- effectively and confidently teach different types of aerobics to healthy individuals of different ages, gender, and physical activity level;
- understand and successfully implement components of aerobics with regard to the goals of transformational process in fitness;
- include aerobics in programming of the physical education classes
- teach aerobics to pre-school and young school-aged children.
2.5.Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
Lectuers (2 lecture hours for each teaching topic):
1. History and kinesiological structure of aerobics.
2. Music and coreography in aerobics.
3. Planning and programming of classes in aerobics, education, recreation, and sport.
Theoretical-practical lectures and exercises (2TPL + 2E for each teaching topic):
1. Technique of steps (routines) of classic aerobics.
2. Technique of steps (routines) of step aerobics.
3. Arm movement technique in aerobics.
4. Understanding and usage of music in aerobics.
5. Learning verbal and nonverbal signs for teaching a group aerobics class.
6. Methods used in teaching coreography in aerobics.
- 1.Zbornik radova, 6. zagrebački sajam sporta Suvremena aerobika (1997)., Metikoš, D., Prot, F., Furjan-Mandić, G., Kristić, K., (ur.) Zagreb: Fakultet za fizičku kulturu.
- 2.Alter, M. J. (1990). Science of stretching. Champaign, Ilinois: Human Kinetics Books
- 3.Cvetković, M. (2009). Aerobik. Univerzitet u Novom Sadu, Fakultet fizičkog vaspitanja
- 1.Bergoč, Š., Zagorc, M. (2000). Metode poučevanja v aerobiki. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za šport.
- 2.Howley, E. D., Franks, D. (2008). Fitness Instructors Handbook. Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL., USA.