doc. dr. sc. Dario Škegro
Title: Assistant professor
| Head of Department of General and Applied Kinesiology
Friday 15:00 h or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public phone number:
01 3658 656
Internal phone number:
Department of General and Applied Kinesiology
Employed in this institution since:
university integrated undergraduate and graduate
EDUCATION, TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL WORK
Dario Škegro is born on July 10th 1981 in Ljubuški, Bosnia and Herzegovina, married, one child. He finished Primary School and High School in the same town. In year 2005/2006 he graduated in University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology and in the same academic year he enrolled doctoral study on the same institution. Doctoral thesis under the title “Evaluation of different types of offense in basketball game as regards their initiation, outcome, duration and number of passes” he publicly defended in 2013.
In 2007 he was employed in Croatian School Sports Federation as administrative associate professional where he was in charge for different projects such as: implementation and realization of Universal Sport Schools in Croatian Counties, Organization of school sport championships in Croatia etc. University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology hires him in 2007 as research novice and Assistant at subject History of Sport. Today he is Assistant Professor in subjects History of Sport, Sport in European Countries, Strategic Programming in Sport and Olympism. During his work at the faculty he participated in creation of different strategic documents such as: Strategy of development of Sport and Physical activity at University of Zagreb 2012-2020, Coaches and professional work in Croatian sport, Strategy of development of School sport in Republic of Croatia, Pedagogical standards and norms for coaching professionals in sport etc. He was a member of organizing and program committees of several scientific and professional conferences such as: International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology, Physical Conditioning Conference, World Congress of Performance Analysis of Sport, ISHPES congress etc.
He participated as a researcher in different projects such as: Evaluation of methods for the assessment of actual quality of athletes (ID: 034-0342607-2616), Programming of transformational procedures for physical conditioning (ID: 034-0342610-2609). Until today he published 9 papers indexed in WOS (Journals and Proceedings) and overall he published more than 35 scientific and professional papers. Area of his scientific interest are history of sport, Olympism, performance analysis of sport, strategic approach to development of sport, coaches and other professionals in sport etc. He is a reviewer in international scientific journal Kinesiology and in several international scientific conferences.
During high school he played basketball in CBC Brotnjo, Čitluk, Bosnia and Herzegovina and during his university education he was a member of track and field club Dinamo Zrinjevac where he trained high jump. Some of his sport achievements are third place on National championship and appearance for Croatian national team based on the best result (207 cm) at the time. He was active student representative in different boards on faculty and university level as a member of Student Council during the study. Since 2010 till 2012 he was Assistant to Vice-rector for research and technology. He was active member of several humanitarian projects and during his free time he plays keyboards in blues & rock band Dizzy Top (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9XO5smyOhUAm9QK-PQF6Rw)
Published papers recorded in the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI)
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which
is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI
). This link will take you
to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
For further information and for instructions on changing the above data, please contact email@example.com.
List of select publications
- Čustonja, Z., Škegro, D. (2017). Franjo Bučar in the Croatian sports historiography. In: D. Milanović, G. Sporiš, Sanja Šalaj & Dario Škegro (Eds.) Proceedings Book of the 7th International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology, Opatija, 10.-14. May 2017. pages 500-504.
- Škegro, D., Čustonja, Z. & Bok, D. (2017). Differences among coaches in planning and programing according to education level. In: D. Milanović, G. Sporiš, S. Šalaj & D. Škegro (Eds.) Proceedings Book of the 7th International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology, Opatija, 10.-14. May 2017. pages 415-419.
- Milanović, D., Štefan, L. & Škegro, D. (2016). Situational efficiency parameters of successful and unsuccessful top male basketball teams in the olympic tournament games in London 2012. Baltic Journal of Sport and Health Sciences, 1(100), 31-37.
- Milanović, D., Štefan, L. & Škegro, D. (2016). Differences in situational efficiency parameters between successful and unsuccessful female basketball teams on the olympic games in London 2012. Sport Science, 9 (Suppl 1), 38-43.
- Čustonja, Z. & Škegro, D. (2015). Training and Education for Conducting Physical Education Classes in Croatia since 1875. The International Journal of the History of Sport, 32(6), 832-846.
- Selmanović, A., Škegro, D. & Milanović, D. (2015). Basic characteristics of offensive modalities in the Euroleague and the NBA. Acta Kinesiologica, 9(2), 83-87.
- Škegro, D. & Čustonja, Z. (2014). The beginnings of education and training for delivering physical education classes in Croatia – 140 years of tradition. Knesiology, 46(Supplement 1), 127-133.
- Škegro, D. and Čustonja, Z. (2013). Analysis of the best women's high jump results in the Olympic Games history. Acta Kinesiologica, 7(1), 66-70.
- Čustonja, Z., Škegro, D. (2011). Attempts to organise and advance education in Croatia in 1861 and 1865 and position of Physical education. In D. Milanović & G. Sporiš (Eds.), Proceedings Book of the 6th International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology, Opatija, 2011 (pp. 383-386). Zagreb: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Škegro, D., Dizdar, D., Milanović, D. and Asim Bradić (2011). Evaluation of basic types of offense in basketball according to its beginning and outcome and the final outcome of the game In D. Milanović & G. Sporiš (Eds.), Proceedings Book of the 6th International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology, Opatija, 2011 (pp. 565-569). Zagreb: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Čustonja, Z., Škegro, D. (2009). Razvoj metoda treninga izdržljivosti. U I. Jukić, D. Milanović, C. Gregov, S. Šalaj (ur.), Zbornik radova konferencije „Kondicijska priprema sportaša“, Zagreb, 2009 (str. 15 – 20). Zagreb: Udruga kondicijskih trenera Hrvatske i Kineziološki fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu.
- Čustonja, Z., Škegro, D. (2010). Razvoj metoda treninga brzine i pliometrije. U: Jukić, I. i sur. (ur.) Zbornik radova 8. godišnje međunarodne konferencije Kondicijska priprema sportaša. Kineziološki fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, Udruga kondicijskih trenera Hrvatske, 26. i 27. veljače 2010., 119-126.
- Škegro, D. i Čustonja, Z. (2012). Povijesni razvoj specifičnog kondicijskog treninga u sportu. U: I. Jukić, C. Gregov, S. Šalaj, L. Milanović i V. Wertheimer (ur.) zbornik radova konferencije „Kondicijska priprema sportaša“, Zagreb, 17. i 18. veljače 2012. str. 117-119.
- Milanović, D., Jukić, I., Čustonja, Z. i Škegro, D. (2013). Strategic approach to the development of high-performance sport in the Republic of Croatia. In A. Mašek (Ed.), International scientific symposium – Economy of Eastern Croatia, (pp. 325-338). Osijek: Faculty of Economics, University of J. J. Strossmayer in Osijek.
- Škegro, D., Čustonja, Z. & Milanović, D. (2016) Quantitative analysis of sport coaches status/Kvantitativna analiza statusa sportskih trenera. U Mašek-Tonković A. International Scientific Symposium “Economy of Eastern Croatia – Vizija i razvoj”. Osijek, 2016 (pp 552-559). Osijek: University of Josip Juraj Strossmayer in Osijek, Faculty of Economics in Osijek.
- Milanović, D., Čustonja, Z. & Škegro, D. (2015). Sport as a social phenomenon. U Mašek-Tonković A. International Scientific Symposium “Economy of Eastern Croatia – Vision and Growth”. Osijek, 2015 (pp 603-612). Osijek: University of Josip Juraj Strossmayer in Osijek, Faculty of Economics in Osijek.
- Milanović, D., Čustonja, Z., i Škegro, D. (2012). School sport in Eastern Croatian Counties. U: A. Mašek Tonković (ur.) Zbornik radova 1. Međunarodnog znanstvenog simpozija „Gospodarstvo istočne Hrvatske – jučer, danas, sutra“, Osijek, 17-18 svibnja 2012. str. 289-295.
- Čustonja, Z., Milanović, D., Škegro, D. (2012). Odgojni potencijali sporta. U: M. Andrijašević i D. Jurakić (ur.) zbornik radova međunarodne znanstveno-stručne konferencije „Odgojni i zdravstveni aspekti sporta i rekreacije“, Križevci, 31. ožujak 2012. str. 167-173.
- Milanović, D., Čustonja, Z, Škegro, D. (2011). Child abuse in top sport – ethical challenges. JAHR, 2(3):207-217.
- Škegro, D., Čustonja, Z. (10%), Milanović, D. (10%) (2009) Sport kao sadržaj slobodnog vremena djece i mladih. U M. Andrijašević (ur.), Zbornik radova Konferencije „Upravljanje slobodnim vremenom sadržajima sporta i rekreacije“, Zagreb: Kineziološki fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu
AUTHOR AND EDITING BOOKS
- Milanović, D., Čustonja, Z., Neljak, B., Harasin, D., Halamek, Z., Čustonja, H., Škegro, D. (2009). Strategija razvoja školskog sporta u Republici Hrvatskoj 2009. – 2014. Zagreb: Ministarstvo znanosti, obrazovanja i športa, Hrvatski školski športski savez.
- Sporiš, G., Milanović, Z., Hughes, M. and Škegro, D. (2014). Book of abstracts. X World Congress of Performance Analysis of Sport, Opatija 3-6 September. Zagreb: University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Sveučilište u Zagrebu, Kineziološki fakultet : 1959. – 2009. – 2014. : s izvješćem o radu u akademskoj godini 2013./2014. Monografija / [urednici Dragan Milanović i Dario Škegro]. Zagreb : Kineziološki fakultet, 2014.
- Bok, D., Čustonja, Z,. Hrženjak, M., Krističević, T., Matić, I., Milanović, D., Ricov, J., Šalaj, S. i Škegro, D. (2015). Pedagoški standardi i normativi rada u sportu. Zagreb : Sveučilište u Zagrebu Kineziološki fakultet & Sportski savez Grada Zagreba.
- Čustonja, Z., Hofmann, R., A. & Škegro, D. (2015). Coming from the past, working in the present, looking for the future: Aims, topics and results of sport history. Book of abstracts of ISHPES international scientific congress, Split 18-22 August. Zagreb: University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology
- Milanović, D., Sporiš, G., Šalaj, S. & Škegro, D. (2017). 8th International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology – Proceedings. Proceedings book of the 8th International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology, Opatija 10-15 May. Zagreb: University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Škegro, D. & Čustonja, Z. (2015). History of Physical Education in Croatia. U N. Živanović, P. Pavlović, B. Antala & K. Pantelić-Babić (ur.), History of Physical Education in Europe (str. 39-57). Leposavić: University of Pristina, Faculty of Sport and Physical Education in Leposavic FIEP Europe - History of Physical Education and Sport Section.
- Member of Croatian Society for History of Sport
- Member of ISHPES (International Society for the History of Physical Education and Sport)
- General Secretary of Association of graduated kinesiologists, sports coaches and friends of Faculty of Kinesiology University of Zagreb 2010 till 2014
- Member of Governing Councile of Croatian Sports Museum 2019 -
Research novice/Assistant: 2007 - 2013
Research novice/Postdoc: 2014 - 2017
Assistant professor: 2017 -