This privacy notice, based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other regulations governing the rules for the protection of personal data, explains which personal data is collected in relation to our activities, how we process, use and protect these data, for what purposes we use them, as well as your rights related to the protection of your privacy and your personal data.
THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE OF OUR ACTIVITIES IS PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
The privacy of individuals and the protection of personal data are fundamental human rights. We at the Faculty of Kinesiology have a duty to take care of the privacy of individuals whose personal data we process and store. We ensure the personal data are collected and processed only when necessary.
The Faculty of Kinesiology adheres to the following principles with the aim of protecting the privacy of its current, former and potential students, students of doctoral studies, our employees and external associates, users and visitors:
- We do not collect more information than is necessary;
- We do not use personal data for purposes other than those mentioned
- We do not keep personal data if it is no longer necessary;
- We never sell, borrow or distribute personal data;
- We do not send personal data to third parties without your knowledge;
- We do not use any automated processing for decision making or profiling;
- We do not transfer personal data outside the EU/EEA except for the purpose of fulfilling international agreements;
- We continuously ensure that personal data is stored safely.
and we hope that you will take time and your attention. We tried to write it as clearly as possible and to be understandable to everyone, with the desire to maintain your full confidence in the way we treat your personal data.
If, after you have read them, you will have further questions about the protection of personal data or wish to exercise any of your rights in the protection of personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email email@example.com.
University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology
Horvaćanski zavoj 15
HR-10000 Zagreb, Republic of Croatia
WHY AND HOW WE COLLECT YOU DATA
We collect personal data directly from the participants of the 9th International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology, including academicians, researchers, lecturers and practitioners as well as postgraduate students and experts from particular scientific fields for the purposes of:
- participants registration and fees collection,
- scientific research papers submission and
- accommodation booking.
retained no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
Access to your personal data for the purposes of the participants' registration is provided to authorised external data processor in EU which processes the data on behalf of the Faculty of Kinesiology on the basis of our explicit instructions and through concluded data processing agreements ensuring a high level of protection of personal data.
The online platform used for the research paper submission on the OpenConf Hosting Service platform (OpenConf.org) temporarily stores the data outside EU/EEA in line with the condition set in Art 49 Par 1 of the GDPR due to a one-time transmission of a very limited dataset in the interest of the participants.
At any moment you are free to contact us for the purpose of:
- ACCESS to your personal data collected by the Faculty of Kinesiology,
- RECTIFICATION of your personal data that the Faculty of Kinesiology has collected;
- DELETION of your personal data that the Faculty of Kinesiology has collected;
- RESTRICTION of the processing of your personal data by the Faculty of Kinesiology,
- OBJECTION to the processing of your personal data by the Faculty of Kinesiology, or
- REQUEST for the copy of your personal data for the purpose of transfer to third party.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, feel free to apply:
- by post to the address of the Faculty of Kinesiology or
- by e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
We shall respond to your request as soon as possible and no later than one month after receiving your request. If the secure confirmation of your identity is not possible, we will be free to request additional verification of your identity.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You may at any time lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in particular in the EU country where you have a habitual residence, place of employment or place of alleged infringement, if you consider that our processing of your personal data is not lawful.
The competent supervisory authority in the Republic of Croatia is:
Croatian Personal Data Protection Agency (AZOP) e-mail: email@example.com Web: www.azop.hr