2.1.Course objectives The objective is to provide the students with an insight into tourism complexity from the aspect of activity contents. They will acquire specific knowledge from the area of sport tourism development planning, organization and management. The students will be familiarized with the evaluation methodology of economical effects of sports-recreational services in tourism.
2.2.Course enrolment requirements and entry competences required for the course No enrolment requirements.
2.3.Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes The students will be empowered to:
-apply knowledge and comprehension of the concepts, principles and theories from the area of management and tourism to sport and physical recreation;
-explain the role and significance of physical recreation in tourism.
-identify and analyse possibilities for the development of sports-recreational supply in tourism.
2.4.Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course (4 to 10 learning outcomes)
The students will be able to:
-understand the system of tourism;
-explain the association between tourism, sport and physical recreation;
-identify economical effects of sport and physical recreation in tourism;
-recognize the organizational system of sport and physical recreation supply in tourism;
-identify and analyze diverse options for the development of sports tourism.
2.5.Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus) Lectures (2 contact hours are allocated to each topic):
1. FUNDAMENTAL CHARACTERISTICS OF CONTEMPORARY TOURISM. The appearance, definition, fundamental concepts and indicators of the development of contemporary tourism. Characteristics of tourism in the Republic of Croatia.
2. ECONOMICAL EFFECTS AS THE DETERMINANTS OF THE STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF TOURISM DEVELOPMENT. Tourist trends effects. Tourist consumption. Conomical effects of tourism.
3. INTERRELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TOURISM AND SPORTS. Historical relations between sport and tourism. The development factors of contemporary tourism and sport. Functions generated by tourism and sport.
4. SPORTS TOURISM. The concept, subtypes and forms of sports tourism.
5. ECONOMICAL EFFECTS OF SPORTS AND PHYSICAL RECREATION IN TOURISM. The social effects of sport in tourism. Economical effects of sport in tourism.
6. MARKET PARAMETERS OF THE SPORT REASEARCH IN TOURISM. Sport in the world tourism. The sports tourism demand market in the world. Research of sports activities in certain European countries and in Croatia. Sport trends in tourism.
7. SPORTS TOURISM IN CROATIA. Possibilities for the development of sports tourism in Croatia. The offer of sport centres in the Croatian tourism.
8. NAUTICAL TOURISM. The concept of nautical tourism. Characteristics of nautical tourism. The development indicators of nautical tourism in the world and in Croatia.
9. HEALTH-RELATED TOURISM. The concept of health tourism. Prerequisites of the health tourism development. The development indicators of health tourism in the world and in Croatia. Wellness and health tourism.
10. BIG SPORTS EVENTS AND TOURISM. Characteristics and organization of big sport events. The Olympic Games financing models. The influence of the Olympic Games on tourism of the host countries.
11. MANAGEMENT IN SPORT AND SPORT TOURISM. The concept and definition of management in tourism. Functions of the management in sport. Management of sport in tourism. Organization of sport in tourism.
12. ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN SPORT AND SPORT TOURISM. Entrepreneurship in sports tourism. Entrepreneurial options in Croatian sports tourism. Methodology of entrepreneurial programme design.
13. SPORT ANIMATION PROGRAMMES IN TOURISM. The concept of animation. Forms of animation. Sports animation. Sports animators.
14. MARKETING IN SPOT TOURISM. Market of sporting products and services in tourism. Elements of sports marketing-mix in tourism. Promotion of sports tourism.
15. PROGRAMMES AND CONTENTS OF THE SPORTS-RECREATIONAL TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN CROATIA. Sport and physical recreation and tourism in Croatia. Sport for All - a contemporary movement of modern society and the initiator of active rest. Development issues of the Croatian tourism.
Seminars (2 contact hours are allocated to each topic, except for the topic number 1 to which 1 contact hour is allocated):
1.Introduction into the seminar classes.
2.Sporting offer of a city, hotel, tourist resort, and similar and its influence on tourist trends.
3.Trends on the tourism market of arrangements related to spot.
4.The role of certain sports in the Croatian tourism.
5.Sports events and tourism.
6.Animation programmes in hotels, tourist resorts, etc.
7.Forms of sporting tourism.
8.Croatia - a country of sports tourism
- Bartoluci, M., Čavlek, N. i suradnici (2007). Turizam i sport - razvojni aspekti. Tourism and Sport - Aspects of Development. Zagreb: Školska knjiga.
- Bartoluci, M., Škorić, S. (2009). Menadžment sportskog i nautičkog turizma. Karlovac: Veleučilište u Karlovcu.
- Čavlek, N., Bartoluci, M., Prebežac, D., Kesar, O. i sur. (2011). Turizam: Ekonomske osnove i organizacijski sustav. Zagreb: Školska knjiga.
- Hinch, T., Higham, J. (2004). Sport Tourism Development. Channel View Publications.
- Ritchie, B. W., Adair, D. (ur.) (2004). Sport Tourism: Interrelationships, Impacts and Issues. Channel View Publications.
- Bartoluci, M. i sur. (2004). Menadžment u sportu i turizmu. Management in Sport and Tourism. Zagreb: Kineziološki fakultet i Ekonomski fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu.